It’s not too late to run by the store and grab a few supplies for Valentines crafts and goodies. Well, it might be a little late right now. Unless you live near a Walmart. Holla if you’ve ever rolled up to Wally World at 11:00pm to start a project. I digress…
I’ve rounded up a few quick and easy ideas. I happen to la la love Pinterest but I think even those of you that loathe it will like these. I promise, you won’t have to go on a quest for unicorn tears or any other obscure items to make these. I’ll save that for the Easter crafts. Hey, you might even have some of this
crap material lying around your house like I did.
- Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt: Cut out 3 paper hearts per person and write 3 things you love about them. Bonus points if you paper is red, pink and white. If you’re like me, grab a crayon and put some pink doodle on there or write in pink. If they are not old enough to write, have them dictate and fill out the hearts for them. Hide around the house or yard and then give clues – hot, cold, getting warmer, etc. Simple but the kids will love it!
- Valentine’s Pretzel Bark: You will need, pretzels, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, m&ms and sprinkles. Melt chocolates at 50% power for 2 minutes, stir and repeat until you can drizzle with a spoon. Lay the pretzels on a baking sheet and drizzle the chocolates until your desired level of sugary goodness. Make a pattern, mix it up, get crazy (this step has Toddler written all over it ). Top with M&Ms and sprinkles and let cool.
- Tissue Paper Flowers: I wanted to make use of the leftover tissue paper, but my daughter loves pink and, alas, the paper was white and red. So I grabbed some crayons and had a little fun making paper flowers. See how I made them here.
- Strawberry Hearts / Valentine’s Fruit Wands (link)
- Reverse Polka Dot Heart Art (link)
- Toilet Paper Roll Heart Stamps (link)Go forth and enjoy