Pregnant skin – it can be your best friend or your worst enemy! Between the hormones and sleep deprivation, what’s a girl to do? In my case, pregnancy brings out these lovely dark brown spots which I’ve been unsuccessfully attacking since my first pregnancy. My goal the last 9 months has been to prevent them as best I can and cover until I can resume more aggressive measures!
- Eminence Products
- Bright Skin Moisturizer SPF 30: For several months I used only coconut oil on my face as a nightly moisturizer. But as we moved into Spring I knew I needed a daily SPF. I remembered a lovely facial I had during my last pregnancy using Eminence products, so I reached out to Laura at thebeautydestination.com for some recommendations. Based on my issues/concerns, she suggested this moisturizer. I apply it every morning before my foundation. Recently, I’ve been mixing it with my foundation and using a beauty blender for a really nice finish!
- Facial Recovery Oil: She also suggested this oil for nightly use. I love both of her suggestions and had zero issues when I switched!!
- Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org for help. She is seriously so nice and helpful! And it doesn’t hurt that she has the most gorgeous skin!! (Check her twitter for discount codes)
- Coconut Oil: I buy it at the grocery store and simply fill a small container for my bathroom. I used it throughout my first pregnancy and came out free of stretch marks so it’s been a nightly ritual this time around as well. If you’re feeling extra saucy, you can throw it in the mixer and give it a whipped texture. Oh la la! Oh, and it works for removing eye makeup too.
- Self-Tanner: Consult your own doctor on this one first! Since it’s summer and I’m pasty white, I’ve used self tanner a few times for a little pick me up. I use sparingly and only tan the areas that are going to show – lower leg and arms! My go to self-tanners are St. Tropez Tanning Mousse and Loving Tan in Dark (EcoTan is on my list to try). Do yourself a favor and just get a mitt too! It makes application SO. MUCH. EASIER.
- Dip Powder Manicure: Getting a monthly manicure is such a treat. The dip powder nails last me 3 weeks and make me feel so much more pulled together. I would suggest avoiding salons that overwhelm you with polish/remover odors and find one with good ventilation!
- Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation: This foundation has been so great for helping my disguise my dark spots. A little goes a looong way! It’s a bit on the dry side for me, so I often add a drop of beauty oil or, lately, I’ve been mixing it with my moisturizer. And it holds up to this Texas heat, which is the real test!
- Jouer Eyeshadow Crayon in Serene (shimmering pink): I love this for brightening up the inner corner of my eyes, especially after a sleepless night. Or swipe over the entire lip for a quick look.
- Neutrogena Makeup Wipes: These are the only wipes I’ve found that will remove my eye makeup completely. When I’m lazy, sometimes this might be the only step before bed.
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser: I’ve been using this for almost 4 years and no complaints yet! I just discovered the wipes – will be trying those soon.
- Oil of Olay ProX Cleansing Brush: I’ve been eyeing the Clarisonic for a while so when I saw this for around $20.00, I had to give it a shot. I tend to wait until I’m dog-tired to wash my face (see note above about about wipes and laziness) and this actually makes it kind of fun and my skin feels nice when I’m done!
Bonus item…Water! I can’t forget the most important – water! I love the tall stainless Starbucks tumbler with a stainless straw. It’s a great size and at 16 oz, you don’t have to refill it quite as often.